Via the NCSE:
Announcing NCSE’s Bumper Sticker Contest!
Our classic bumper stickers…
“Evolutionists do it with increasing complexity”
“Honk! If you understand punctuated equilibria”
…will remain in the lineup. But it’s time to bring some new players onto the field.
This is your chance to speak loud, speak proud for evolution, by crafting a killer slogan that could end up on the tail end of thousands of cars. The aim of this mobile message: to spread the good word about evolution and evolution education. Your bumper sticker can be funny, profound, fierce—whatever, as long as it’s good.
Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES & REGULATIONS:
– Be original. Run a Google search and make sure your slogan hasn’t been used or overused.
– Size constraints. Your basic bumper sticker is about 2.75″ high and about 15″ wide. That’s enough room for up to two lines of text, approximately 22 characters across (including spaces) per line. Remember: shorter is better.
– Submit as many bumper sticker slogans as you like. Winning slogans become the property of NCSE for all time. By emailing your entry to email@example.com, you warrant that the slogan is your own work, to which you own the copyright, except for any phrases that fall within the scope of fair use, the public domain, or a Creative Commons license.
– Entries must include your full name and postal address.
– Winners will receive one of these prizes: 1) a bumper fun variety pack of evolution books, 2) NCSE’s famed “ooze” T-shirt, 3) a Darwin bobblehead, 4) the 2009 UK Charles Darwin £2 Brilliant Uncirculated 200th Anniversary Coin, 5) a copy of Greta Schiller’s new documentary, “No Dinosaurs in Heaven”, OR 6) an 11×16″ Darwin poster suitable for framing.
– Submissions will be accepted between July 5, 2011 and September 5, 2011
My entry, which is unlikely to win: